As Christians, we are called to have faith and courage as we face the challenging circumstances of the present, not giving in to fear but trusting in a God who is All-Loving, All-Mighty, and Always Present with us no matter what we face.
As we are also citizens of this wonderful country, we all need to pay attention to the guidance of our leaders and other government officials, whether we are asked to stay at home, practice social distancing, or abide by other policies meant to provide for the welfare of all. Together, in unity, we can all prevail through this challenging situation.
At St. David's, we are currently maintaining the following policies:
- We strongly encourage everyone to abide by the guidelines set forth in the current Stay at Home Order from Los Angeles County. It is important to protect not only your own health and safety and that of your family, but to be mindful about the risk for each and every person in our communities and across the nation.
- We are offering a Sunday service LiveStream at 10:00am via our website and Facebook, so that none of us needs to miss worshiping the Lord. We can still do this together, and even look to a more missional focus by inviting neighbors, family members, and friends anywhere in the world to join us via their computer, tablet, or smartphone. No special sign-up will be required. The service will include music, Scripture readings, sermon, prayers, and announcements as necessary.
- In keeping with County and State COVID-19 Orders. all our Bible Study classes, prayer groups, and other ministries are meeting via Zoom teleconference. We will continue to distribute food and other necessary items to the Family Promise Ministry during our scheduled weeks as a host congregation, while the families themselves are lodged in hotels by Family Promise of the Verdugos.
- Our staff will all be working from home, but our office hours will remain the same, 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday. If you need to contact our office by phone, please continue to call us at (818) 846-8633 and leave us a message. You can use the contact form on this website to send us an email, or you can message us directly at the following email addresses: FrAstor@stdavidsanglican.org, Janet.Palmer@stdavidsanglican.org, or Tanya.Oldson@stdavidsanglican.org.
- For additional information and instructions for making online donations and pledges, please visit our GIVING section.
We will continue to post updates as often as possible, and keep each one of you in our prayers. Our trust is in God, our hope is in Him, and our lives are wrapped up in who He is and what He has promised to us through His Son, Jesus Christ. So we say be faithful! Be of good courage! Be persevering in prayer and in works of mercy toward those who need mercy. Serve one another, and love your neighbors and those who may find themselves in need. Shine brightly and let your light shine to all in faith. God bless you.